The following photographs were all acquired during house clearances in Newcastle & unwanted by the families or owners of the properties cleared.
Our company provides house clearance services in all areas of Tyneside, Including Gateshead Newcastle upon Tyne North Shields South Shields Tynemouth Washington Whitley Bay.
A Few Tyneside Facts
- During the Wars of the Roses, Edward IV’s biggest gun was named ‘Newcastle’
- The diamond railway crossing at Newcastle was the largest in the world.
- The Gateshead Millennium Bridge is the first rotating bridge in the world.
- Joseph Swan invented the electric lightbulb on Mosley Street
- The RMS Carpathia, the ship that rescued the survivors of the Titanic, was built on the Tyne
- Earl Grey tea is named after Charles Grey, the 2nd Earl, who’s the bloke standing on top of Grey’s Monument.
- Charles Parsons invented the steam-turbine at his factory in Newcastle