The following photographs were all acquired during house clearances in Dunbartonshire & unwanted by the families or owners of the properties cleared.
Our company provides house clearance services in all areas of Dunbartonshire, Including West East Gartocharn Balloch Bonhill Alexandria Renton Dumbarton Old Kilpatrick Duntocher Clydebank Lennoxtown Milton of Campsie Kirkintilloch Bishopbriggs Milngavie Bearsden Torrance.
Velocette Motorcycle Facts
- Velocette is the name given to motorcycles made by Veloce Ltd, in Hall Green, Birmingham, England.
- The company was founded by John Goodman and William Gue, as “Taylor, Gue Ltd.” in 1905.
- In 1961 a basically standard Velocette Venom roadster became the first and only 500cc motorcycle to average over 100 mph for 24 hours.
- The company grew up a lot after World War II, when Velocette designed a 192cc water cooled, flat twin engine with side valves.
- After the Second World War, the company sought to capture what it saw as a developing need for personal transport and created the LE model.
- Velocette knew it needed to expand it’s product line to survive & so expanded into the 4-stroke market in the early 1920’s.
- 1971 Veloce Ltd closes in February.