We specialise in House Clearance throughout Northern England & Scotland.
1st Call Northern House Clearance Co. is a family business with well over 30 years experience clearing houses. We clear houses, garages, sheds, loft spaces & more.
Alnwick Ashington Bamburgh Bedlington Belford Blaydon-on-Tyne Blyth Boldon Colliery Chathill Choppington Corbridge Cramlington East Boldon Gateshead Haltwhistle Hebburn Hexham Jarrow Morpeth Newbiggin-by-the-Sea Newcastle upon Tyne North Shields Prudhoe Riding Mill Rowlands Gill Ryton Seahouses South Shields Stocksfield Wallsend Washington Whitley Bay Wooler Wylam
THE 3 “R”s
The key then, is to make less trash. Strategies for waste reduction are usually incorporated into the familiar mantra of the three “R”s – Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Below are some suggestions for easy ways to use our roles as consumers to make change in our society’s patterns of waste, as well as reduce the waste we are personally responsible for.
1. Reduce the amount of unnecessary packaging.
• Buy products in concentrated amounts and in bulk
• Decline shopping bags when you don’t
need them, and bring your own to shop
• Xeriscape your lawn to reduce yard waste,
water and fertilizer consumption
2. Stop junk mail and unwanted catalogs
3. Use both sides of the paper: print on the back
or cut up pages to make note paper
4. Purchase and use:
• durable coffee cups, plates and utensils
instead of plastic and paper
• cloth napkins and towels instead of paper
• Tupperware containers for leftovers instead
of plastic bags, plastic wrap, or foil
• refillable lighters and writing pens,
non-disposable razors and cameras
5. Maintain and repair furniture, clothing, and
other still-useful items.
6. Borrow, rent, or share items used infrequently.
7. Sell or donate goods instead of throwing them out.
8. Buy Recycled! When shopping, select products
made from recycled materials.
9. Choose recyclable products and containers and
then recycle them.
10. Compost yard trimmings and food scraps.