We undertake house clearance in all areas of Kirklees: Huddersfield Cleckheaton Birstall Batley Gawthorpe Ossett Thornhill Emley Clayton West Skelmanthorpe Denby Dale Scholes Holmfirth.
How Does Northern House Clearance Services Work?
- The first step is to CALL US ON 07966 311 536 for prices/quote.
- We will ask you a few simple questions in order to understand your situation.
- We usually just require 24 hours notice. We like to turn up at 9am on the day of our appointment and stay until the house clearance is complete.
- Once we have removed all of the furniture, junk & rubbish from the house we will issue you with an invoice for your records.
- We ALWAYS keep household items to one side which we know can be either re-used or donated free to charity. Our house clearance charges are fair & we do NOT add 20% VAT on the final price.
House clearances can be potentially stressful & troublesome if you use cowboy companies – Please look at our many House Clearance Recommendations
New glass processing plant
Described as Europe’s most modern treatment plant for used glass containers, it is the result of £1m investment by a group of Yorkshire recycling companies to help increase the recycling of glass packaging. The site also boasts a glass recycling centre to promote glass recycling to children. To help provide a market for the cullet, Scotlands largest beer bottle making facility has also come on stream, which can produce bottles with over 50% bottle bank glass and up to 90% recycled glass in total. The new plant uses the latest separation technology to remove non glass materials from the contents of bottle banks from around the country, for recycling in the plants. House Clearance Kirklees praised the plant as an investment in technology that highlights how industry can move forward competitively and at the same time sustainably, with benefits for business consumers and the environment.”
Electrical retailers have co-founded a non-profit organisation called 3R to train unemployed people in Yorkshire through the recycling of used white goods. Nationally, the retailers collect over 300,000 old appliances from customers’ homes when it delivers new products. Every year, 3R will recycle and resell 10,000 of these products at affordable prices to the local community. 3R is run by House Clearance Kirklees in partnership with private retailers, local companies and churches. 3R has attracted European funding.
Landfill cash for recycling
One example of landfill cash funding recycling in the community sector can be seen in Yorkshire. A £90,000 grant from Biffa through the Landfill Credit scheme is helping Urban Mines Ltd. to recycle used electrical equipment and waste timber. Local unemployed people can sign on for work placements in electronic hardware and software repair, maintenance and installation, or in basic joinery skills. Reusable electrical items are being refurbished for resale and household compost bins are being made from reclaimed timber.